Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ethan is a hero-- he kept his helmet on and avoided a serious injury.

Meet Ethan.   He suffered a head injury while riding his bike. His forehead was bleeding profusely and his worried parents took him to the emergency room where he had a several x-rays taken.  

Although his helmet was cracked in the accident, we are happy to report that his head injury was minor.   


Ethan, we're glad that you were wearing your helmet!  Keep up the good work!

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words....if your child is resistant to wearing a helmet, perhaps Ethan's picture might help them see why it's important.

Helmets are for everyone....here's a story about an adult who didn't wear a helmet:http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/frankfort-mokena-new-lenox/chi-mokena-bicycle-accident-20140811-story.html




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this!! I just showed it to my 6 year old son, as he is constantly complaining about wearing a helmet. I showed this to him, and he was very concerned about Ethan. He said he wants to wear his helmet now. :) Thanks so much for sharing, and we're all glad Ethan is OK!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, I also showed it to my kids. I feel like I broken record because I constantly remind them to wear their helmets. But I am well aware of what can potentially happen and it scares me to death. We too are glad that Ethan is doing well. Great job wearing your helmet Ethan and thank you for sharing your picture and story. :)